ATLANTA, May 02, 2022 — Cardlytics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDLX), a digital advertising platform, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. Supplemental information is available on the Investor Relations section of Cardlytics’ website at http://ir.cardlytics.com/.
“We had our largest Q1 ever and delivered results above our expectations,” said Lynne Laube, CEO & Co-Founder of Cardlytics. “Our sales team executed against plan despite a difficult macroeconomic environment, and we continue to drive performance related outcomes for our advertising clients.”
“This was a solid quarter and we are pleased with the execution despite issues in the global economy,” said Andy Christiansen, CFO of Cardlytics. “We remain focused on the things we can control – developing and maintaining strong relationships with all of our partners and enhancing our advertising platform to unlock the massive potential of our channel. We are excited for the rest of 2022 and look forward to continued execution.”
First Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- Revenue was $67.9 million, an increase of 28% year-over-year, compared to $53.2 million in the first quarter of 2021.
- Billings, a non-GAAP metric, was $98.2 million, an increase of 29% year-over-year, compared to $76.3 million in the first quarter of 2021.
- Gross profit was $26.2 million, an increase of 34% year-over-year, compared to $19.5 million in the first quarter of 2021.
- Adjusted contribution, a non-GAAP metric, was $32.8 million, an increase of 35% year-over-year, compared to $24.3 million in the first quarter of 2021.
- Net income attributable to common stockholders was $33.0 million, or $0.91 per diluted share, based on 37.2 million fully diluted weighted-average common shares, compared to a net loss attributable to common stockholders of $(24.9) million, or $(0.85) per diluted share, based on 29.3 million fully diluted weighted-average common shares in the first quarter of 2021.
- Non-GAAP net loss was $(14.2) million, or $(0.38) per diluted share, based on 37.2 million fully diluted weighted-average common shares, compared to non-GAAP net loss of $(9.9) million, or $(0.34) per diluted share, based on 29.3 million fully diluted weighted-average common shares in the first quarter of 2021.
- Adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP metric, was a loss of $(10.5) million compared to a loss of $(3.9) million in the first quarter of 2021.
- Cardlytics MAUs were 178.5 million, an increase of 6%, compared to 168.6 million in the first quarter of 2021.
- Cardlytics ARPU was $0.36, an increase of 13%, compared to $0.32 in the first quarter of 2021.
- Bridg ARR was $14.0 million in the first quarter of 2022.
Definitions of MAUs, ARPU and ARR are included below under the caption “Non-GAAP Measures and Other Performance Metrics.”
Second Quarter 2022 Financial Expectations
Cardlytics anticipates billings, revenue, and adjusted contribution to be in the following ranges (in millions):
|Q2 2022 Guidance|
|Billings(1)||$106.0 – $116.0|
|Revenue||$73.0 – $80.0|
|Adjusted contribution(2)||$36.5 – $40.5|
(1) A reconciliation of billings to GAAP revenue on a forward-looking basis is presented below under the heading “Reconciliation of Forecasted GAAP Revenue to Billings.”
(2) A reconciliation of adjusted contribution to GAAP gross profit on a forward-looking basis is not available without unreasonable efforts due to the high variability, complexity and low visibility with respect to the items excluded from this non-GAAP measure.
Earnings Teleconference Information
Cardlytics will discuss its first quarter 2022 financial results during a teleconference today, May 2, 2022, at 5:00 PM ET / 2:00 PM PT. The conference call can be accessed at (866) 385-4179 (domestic) or (210) 874-7775 (international), conference ID# 8338158. A replay of the conference call will be available through 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT on May 9, 2022 at (855) 859-2056 (domestic) or (404) 537-3406 (international). The replay passcode is 8338158. The call will also be broadcast simultaneously at http://ir.cardlytics.com/. Following the completion of the call, a recorded replay of the webcast will be available on Cardlytics’ website.
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is a digital advertising platform. We partner with financial institutions to run their rewards programs that promote customer loyalty and deepen relationships. In turn, we have a secure view into where and when consumers are spending their money. We use these insights to help marketers identify, reach, and influence likely buyers at scale, as well as measure the true sales impact of marketing campaigns. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cardlytics has offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, Detroit and Visakhapatnam. Learn more at www.cardlytics.com.